Saturday, October 6, 2007

Freaking out a bit...

OMGOMGOMGOMG

i just signed up for a ...wait for it....













MARATHON!!!!! AAAHHHHH!!!!

It's the Surf City Marathon and it's not until Feb. (on superbowl sunday! So i'll be v.v.v.v. tired when I am cheering on my Packers later that day!) but I wanted to be sure I got in. They only let in 1000 marathoners and I heard it was 60-80% full. I ran the 5k for the same race event last year (had a friend who ran the half-marathon) and thought it would be cool for that to be my first marathon since it's too late to train/run the Chicago (that's umm...tomorrow!). The Leggers program has a 26 mile training run scheduled that weekend, so as they suggested to us (and I know I've mentioned on this blog before)- why not get a medal for it?! Plus, like i said, i ran the 5k at this event last year, so it's like a tradition!

I'm running in the Long Beach half marathon next weekend (scheduled for a 12 mile training run next weekend...so, again, why not run an extra mile and get a medal!?) and I'm kinda freaking out about that too!!

only 8 days left to 13.1....yikes!

No comments: